- If rugs very dirty put over the gate into yard and hose down.
- Then wash rugs in washing machine on “Rug wash” setting.
- Use 1-2 capfuls of non biological washing powder
- If they come out and are still very dirty, re-wash
- Once Clean re-proof turnout rugs
- Never wash without reproofing turnout rugs.
- Dry them in the boiler room
Before Putting Rugs Away
- Repair all tears – inside & out, including even the tiniest of nicks
- All clips are in order (if not – fix this)
- Correct colour ribbon is on x 2 (horse colour + weight of rug)
- Lining is not damage (if it is – fix this)
- Fillet strings are in place
- Rugs are washed – clean, with no mud marks, and reproofed.
- Fold in the same style as other rugs are folded
- Store turnout rugs in order of weight – ie from the top down:-
- Medium weight
- heavy weight
- stable rugs
- mirotec rugs
- cotton rugs
- Hang rug on yard gate
- Fill sprayer with reproofer
- Spray rug & leave to soak in
- Hang rug in boiler room, for 24hrs to fully dry.